CAPTCHA Behavior

No FUD allowed!
katun
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:21 am

Has anyone else experienced a change in the way CAPTCHAs have been working lately. For me this started last weekend, the 24th and 25th and affects both faucets and logging into exchanges.

Regardless of what it is the first CAPTCHA always or almost always fails. The street sign CAPTCHAS always consist of 5 or 6 pages to click through and often fails and says try again. The other CAPTCHAs (vehicles, roads or store fronts) usually pass, as long as it is not the first one, but they are all select more after the image refreshes which takes like 5 or 6 seconds every refresh.

If I remember correctly this happened before but eventually went back to normal. This time it is persisting. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is this the new normal? If this is the new normal, my faucet time is about to get greatly reduced.

katun

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:52 am

Edit: This problem appears to be affecting either just me or a smaller group of users. I have seen other people say that CAPTCHAs are working normally for them and have not heard anyone else mention the behavior I have described. The only reason I can think of for this is that I may have been flagged as a bot or something like that. Would that flag follow me on every site that I visit as well as on different networks and providers? How would I find out if that is the case and how would I go about getting the issue resolved?

jtizzle247

Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:48 am

I can't really qualify this, but I think it's less about you having a problem with captcha than its "learning" from your inputs. I feel like it's unpurpose a lot of time for questionable "failures". It's really more about data collection than anything else I fear.

Anyone else ever think this? Or am I just being a conspiracy nut?

katun

Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:44 am

I know what your saying about the occasional questionable failures but this is entirely different behavior. The first CAPTCHA always fails, every time, not just occasionally. With the new behavior every CAPTCHA is either a choose until there are none left or multiple screen CAPTCHA and the image refresh always takes 4 or 5 seconds while the multiple screen always consists of 5 or 6 pages. Also I only ever receive 1 of 4 CAPTCHAs. Roads, cars, street signs or store fronts.

jtizzle247

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 am

What I'm talking about isn't really occasional. This happens to me regularly too. Same device, same connection, same everything and CAPTCHA rarely green lights me on the first go. Most times it's like 6 pages of "where's the car?" . For me there never seems to be an obvious reason for the change in behavior.

I missed the other part of your question before. Yes, if CAPTCHA thinks you are a bot one place, it thinks you are a bot everywhere.

kekek

Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:39 pm

I kind of miss the old style of captcha

katun

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:41 pm

Okay. I did not realize from your previous post that you were experiencing similar or the same behavior. It sounds like you still sometimes receive the normal behavior? For me it has stayed this way, since before I strated this thread. Do you also only receive 1 of the 4 CAPTCHA choices I mentioned? The worst thing for me is the 5 or 6 seconds waiting for the images to refresh. For the most part, I only make one or two claims a day anymore and that is only to keep my loyalty bonus active.

Is that why you think we are experiencing this behavior? CAPTCHA thinks we are bots?

jtizzle247

Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:24 pm

I don't believe so. I think it's done on purpose for "learning". Like how quickly the pics are chosen, how long the mouse click lasts, etc. This is speculation though.

For awhile CAPTCHA wouldn't even challenge me. Then, I started getting 1 or 2 challenges. Then for what seemed a month it was up to like 4or5 on good day or 8 or more on a bad one. Now, for last few weeks it's been always 1 or 2.

CAPTCHA keeps it boring with me too. Lately it's all cars or street signs. At it's worst it was always mountains, gas stations, cars, and street signs. Don't remember any others during that period.

katun

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:08 pm

That is evil if its on purpose and if this is how it acts after "learning", the teacher must have been severely retarded.

I dont mind challenges but there should not be ones that are set to automatically fail no matter what you select and there is no reason to make you wait so long every time an image gets changed.

I could not even think of what the other ones were other than shorts. Forgot about gas stations and mountains and hills.

Anyway I went looking for support and everything directed me to a forum full of people making similar complaints and haveing similar problems. Very little in the way of replies and no solutions given. I do not know what to do as this keeps getting more and more tiresome.

jtizzle247

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Well, at least you tried. When it started happening to me, I just kinda shrugged and said to myself "well, I guess this part of the Internet sucks now..."

• Information