A potential Amazon cryptocurrency exchange: Everyone is wondering

Catch up on the latest Bitcoin and Altcoin news.
Kevin
Cash on hand: Locked

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:45 am

There are a lot of interest in Amazon and Cryptocurrency words together. People are wondering what will be the move of Amazon with buying domains.

Is Amazon (AMZN) Gearing Up for a Cryptocurrency Exchange? In an article, ValueWalk.com reporter Maj Soueidan suggests Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) could be “gearing up for cryptocurrency exchanges” following reports the company has registered names related to cryptocurrencies. The domans include: amazonethereum.com, amazoncryptocurrency.com, amazoncryptocurrencies.com.

Domain registrations in November 2017

CNBC reported the domain registrations in November, following up on an original report from trade publication, DomainNameWire, prompting immediate speculation across social and online publications, that AMZN was preparing to accept cyptopayments on it’s platform. However, Souejdan provides a different take, writing, “when I took one look at these domain names, that is how they read to me. What would be the point of going out in registering a domain name like these if you were simply going to use one of the digital currencies on the website as a method of payment? A domain name is a placeholder for a bigger project than that and, the thought of Amazon exchanges was literally the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the domain names. I literally said out loud ‘they’re going to set up exchanges’. ”

Click Here to Read More

• Information